The apprenticeship will cover a wide range of knowledge, skills and behaviours all of which will assist the student in their day to day work duties. These will include:
· Learning skills in the use of multiple IT packages and systems relevant to the organisation they are working for.
· Making recommendations for improvements and present solutions to management.
· Maintaining records and files and handling confidential information in compliance with the organisations procedures.
· Demonstrating ability to influence and challenge appropriately.
What qualification will I achieve?
- Achievement of the Business Administrator apprenticeship standard.
How long is the course?
- This Apprenticeship standard generally takes 12-18 months to complete
How will I learn?
- The apprenticeship will largely take place at the site of the employer, using day to day working activities to underpin knowledge that is learnt. A portion of the apprenticeship will take place at Furness College through classroom based learning. This is likely to be as part of a day release from the employer.
What subjects will I study?
Apprentice Level 2
Units studied may include: communication in a business environment, principles of providing administrative services, principles of business document production and information management, understanding employer organisations, managing personal performance and development and developing working relationships with colleagues.
Apprentice Level 3
Units studied may include: communicating in a business environment, managing personal and professional development, principles of business communication and information, principles of administration and principles of business.
How will I be assessed?
- At the end of the apprenticeship students will be expected to take part in an end point assessment. Here they will have a multiple choice knowledge test which will check their understanding of business fundamentals, regulations and law and project managing principles. They will also present their portfolio of work for discussion, which will comprise of evidence produced in the work place to show the apprentice has met the knowledge, skills and behaviours detailed in the standard.
Are there any additional costs?
There are no specific extra costs, just stationery for study.
What are the entry requirements?
- Individual employers set the selection criteria, but this is likely to include 5 GCSEs, including Maths and English, although some employers will accept other relevant qualifications and experience, including a relevant Level 2 qualification. Apprentices without English or Maths at Level 2 must achieve this prior to taking the end point assessment.
Can I get more information?
For more information please contact us:
T: 01229 825017
Typical job roles
This apprenticeship is aimed at people currently in the below role or seeking employment in the below roles.
- Administration Assistant
- Personal Assistant
- Business Administrator
- Office Assistant
- Office Supervisor
What opportunities will this lead to?
- This apprenticeship standard will provide the foundation for progression into a number of career paths in the business sector including management and senior support roles. Progression onto HE Learning or Higher Apprenticeship levels is also available on completion of the apprenticeship.