What is University Education?
University education, usually known as higher education, is the next step after further education. Our university education qualifications include:
- Higher National Certificates (HNC)
- Foundation Degrees
- Degrees (BSc, BA or BEng with Honours)
- Higher Apprenticeships
- Degree Apprenticeships
Why should I study at Furness College?
As the largest provider of education and training in South Cumbria studying with Furness College can offer you a wide range of benefits:
- Over thirty years’ experience of providing university education
- Learn while you work, thereby reducing costs and loans
- University qualifications which are validated by the University of Central Lancashire (UCLan), the University of Cumbria, Lancaster University or Pearson
- Accreditation by the Institute of Engineering Technology (IET) and Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE)
- University qualifications which are relevant to future employment opportunities
- Small group sizes which are friendly and supportive and help to improve confidence
- Courses which fit around the workplace and a busy home life
- Reduced transport costs
- A network of support including personal tutors and additional support
- High standards of tuition
- Excellent training resources which meet industrial/commercial standards
- Progression routes to honours degree courses or employment
- Superb facilities including several IT suites with subject specific software
- Resource Centre with quiet study areas, resources and computers
At Furness College we provide degrees in a range of professional/technical subjects which can be studied full or part-time. Many students either progress directly into employment or transfer to the third and final year of an honours degree course at university.
The subjects on offer are:
- Business with Project Management
- Children, Young People and their Services
- Engineering – Mechanical and Electrical/Electronic
- Health and Social Care
- Teacher Training (Post-16)
Higher Education documents, such as fees and the access and participation plan, can be found here.