By studying at Furness College, you have the prospect of gaining a degree validated by some of the UK’s top universities, all without the added financial costs of living away from home. As Furness College is the largest provider of education and skills training in Cumbria.
Our advice and guidance events provide an excellent opportunity to explore the Furness College campus, view the facilities and talk to tutors about the extensive range of courses on offer. Student Ambassadors will also be on hand to talk about their own college experience.
- Over thirty years’ experience of providing university education (over 500 Furness College students studied university-level courses in 2021/22)
- Learn-while-you-work, thereby reducing costs and loans
- University qualifications which are validated by the University of Central Lancashire (UCLan), the University of Cumbria, Lancaster University or Edexcel
- Accreditation by the Institute of Engineering Technology (IET) and Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE)
- University qualifications which are relevant to future employment opportunities
- Small group sizes which are friendly and supportive and help to improve confidence
- Courses which fit around the workplace and a busy home life
- Reduced transport costs
- A network of support including personal tutors and additional support
- High standards of tuition
- Excellent training resources which meet industrial/commercial standards
- Progression routes to honours degree courses or employment
- Superb facilities including several IT suites with subject specific software
- University Resource Centre with quiet study areas, resources and computers
Facilities at Furness College
Furness College has invested in great facilities for Higher Education Students. There is a dedicated HE Resource Area, with key textbooks, a number of computer terminals, quite study space and two dedicated HE tutorial rooms. Specialist subjects such as computing are taught in dedicated and well-equipped computer labs. £4million has been invested in a dedicated Advanced Manufacturing and Technology Centre (AMTC) where Engineering higher level students have their own dedicated classroom, computer labs and advanced manufacturing facilities.
Student Contract: Fees
HE Fees 2022-23