Planning your Future
Furness College’s aim is for all learners to secure a positive destination on completion of their qualification, into either higher education, employment or training. Find out more about the Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance (CEIAG) available to our students.
Click here to view our Careers Education Information Advice and Guidance Plan 2019-20.
A member of our Student Services team is on hand to help with advice and guidance on the important future decisions you will need to make, including:
- Employment and training opportunities
- Further and Higher Education information and advice (UCAS information and information on financial support and funding for students)
- Job-search skills (including CVs, interview preparation and mock interviews, which are available in leaflet form to take away)
We work closely with the National Careers Service which provides careers advice and information on a range of jobs, training courses and funding.
Applying to University
If you’re thinking of applying to university, our expert advisors will guide you every step of the way with one-to-one careers guidance appointments.
We can help with:
- Visits to universities
- Completing UCAS application forms and preparing for university interviews
- Student finance and organising accommodation
- Targeted support for students applying to study Medicine, Dentistry or Vet Medicine
- Regular sessions for students applying to Oxbridge
- Targeted support for students with additional needs to meet their individual requirements
Click here for a complete guide to applying to university – without the stress!
Click here for Furness College’s Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance Policy.