How long is the course?
How will I learn?
• College class one morning per fortnight
• Self study and practical experience
What subjects will I study?
• Support physical care routines
• An introduction to the role of the early years practitioner
• Understand how to work in partnership
• Understand safeguarding legislation
• Use legislation relating to health and safety
• Use legislation relating to equality, diversity and inclusive practice
• Understand how to plan to meet the needs of the developing child
• Supporting play
• Support the needs of the child preparing for school
• Support children’s development
• Support positive behaviour
• Engage in professional development
How will I be assessed?
Observation of practice, professional discussion and written tasks.
Are there any additional costs?
There is an additional cost of £44 for a DBS check.
What are the entry requirements?
You must have a placement in an early years setting for a minimum of 6 hours per week. You must have a clear DBS certificate.
Can I get more information?
For more information please contact us:
T: 01229 825017
What opportunities will this lead to?
Level 3 Diploma.