The Edge – Funded Employer Training
The Edge is a partnership of Cumbrian training providers that work together to deliver ESF skills contracts for the benefit of Cumbrian businesses and their workforce. Furness College is an approved delivery partner and along with the partnership are currently delivering the Skills Support for the Workforce contract in Cumbria which has funding available until 2021.
Carlisle College is the accountable body for the contract which is funded by the European Social Fund, co-financed by the Education and Skills Funding Agency and supported by Cumbria Local Enterprise Partnership.
- Funded training opportunities for Cumbria SMEs and their employees to support business growth and support the achievement of higher level skills.
- Support for businesses undergoing industrial restructure with funded training and employability support for staff at risk of redundancy.
- Eligible businesses must have a base in Cumbria and employ less than 250 employees. Those who are self-employed are also eligible for support.
- Employees must be aged over 16 years of age and be a resident in the UK.
Support is available for the following sectors:
- Visitor Economy
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Rural Economy
- Health & Social Care
- Professional Services
- Creative & Cultural
Funded courses available at Furness College
The following courses are available fully funded if eligibility criteria is met:
- Certificate in Awareness of Mental Health Problems
- Certificate in Common Health Conditions
- Certificate in Understanding Autism
- Certificate in the Principles of the Prevention and Control of Infection in Health Care Settings
- Certificate in the Principles of End of Life Care
- Certificate in Principles of Dementia Care
- Certificate in Understanding Dignity and Safeguarding in Adult Health and Social Care
- Certificate in Understanding the Care and Management of Diabetes
- Certificate in Falls Prevention
- Certificate in Equality and Diversity
- Certificate in Understanding the Safe Handling of Medication in Health and Social Care
- Certificate in Principles of Team Leading
- Introductory Welding Skills (MIG, TIG and MMA)
- Level 3 NVQ in Electrical Installation
- Level 2 Diploma in Health & Social Care
- Level 3 NVQ in Hairdressing
- Level 2 NVQ in Bricklaying
- Level 2 NVQ in Painting & Decorating
- Level 2 NVQ in Joinery
- AAT Foundation Certificate in Bookkeeping
For more information, contact a member of the Business and Employment Support Team:
T: 01229 844836
Find out more by visiting The Edge website or via social media: