How long is the course?
1 day a week for 5 weeks.
How will I learn?
Your tutor will demonstrate the skills necessary. You will learn by working in a realistic salon environment at your own pace. Before practical work begins you will study the underpinning knowledge required through a project and oral questioning. At the end there will be a test online.
A pass mark of 70% must be achieved.
What subjects will I study?
• Select and use styling products, tools and equipment
• Use styling techniques and dressing effects that take into account the identified factors
• Control and secure hair effectively during dressing
• Evaluate the result of the treatment
• Provide suitable aftercare advice
• Follow safe and hygienic working practices
• Communicate and behave in a professional manner
How will I be assessed?
For practical elements, you will be observed formatively and summatively by your tutor. Your work must be collected in a portfolio of evidence and referenced to awarding body requirements. All practical work is assessed in the salon on clients. You will improve your study skills by learning to set short term targets for yourself and your tutor will help to formally assess your progress by providing additional feedback.
Are there any additional costs?
This is a professional qualification and as such there is a very strict salon dress code to follow.
Plain black top, black trousers (no leggings), Black flat closed toe shoes. Examples of appropriate footwear can be shown to you at interview.
What are the entry requirements?
Can I get more information?
For more information please contact us:
T: 01229 825017
What opportunities will this lead to?
Progress to level 1 hairdressing then on to level 2.