What Modules will you Study?
There are so many exciting job opportunities awaiting in catering and hospitality, one of the country's largest and most dynamic industries.
This is a largely practical qualification assessed whilst working in the busy College training restaurant.
How long is the course?
What subjects will I study?
- Maintenance of a safe, hygienic and secure working environment
- Maintain food safety when storing, preparing and cooking food
- Working effectively as part of a hospitality team
- Produce basic hot sauces
- Produce basic pasta dishes
- Produce basic bread and dough products
- Produce basic hot and cold desserts
- Produce cold starters and salads
- Produce basic egg dishes
- Maintain an efficient use of resources in the kitchen
- Prepare and cook food to meet the requirements of allergy sufferers
- Complete kitchen documentation
- Employment rights & responsibilities in the hospitality, leisure, travel and tourism sector
How will I be assessed?
Knowledge is assessed by questioning and unit end tests.
Are there any additional costs?
There are kitchen and restaurant uniforms and a book that you are required to purchase, and the cost is around £120.