What Modules will you Study?
There are so many exciting job opportunities awaiting in catering and hospitality, one of the country's largest and most dynamic industries.
This is a largely practical qualification assessed whilst working in the busy College training restaurant.
How long is the course?
What subjects will I study?
- Maintenance of a safe, hygienic and secure working environment
- Working effectively as part of a hospitality team
- Maintain food safety when storing, holding and serving food
- Give customers a positive impression of yourself and your organisation
- Serve food at the table
- Provide a buffet and carvery service
- Prepare and serve cocktails
- Prepare and serve hot drinks using specialist equipment
- Prepare and clear areas for table service
- Employment rights & responsibilities in the hospitality leisure travel & tourism sector
How will I be assessed?
Knowledge is assessed by questioning and unit end tests.
Are there any additional costs?
There are kitchen and restaurant uniforms and a book that you are required to purchase, and the cost is around £120.