What Modules will you Study?
• Wide range of options - covers ages ranging from birth to 19
• Assesses Year 1 core components through exams, employer set project and skills development
• Includes bespoke 315-hour industry placement in up to two schools over the course of the two years
• Offers Occupational Specialism in Supporting Teaching in schools – assessed through coursework and observations in placement
What qualification will I achieve?
What you will achieve;
• Knowledge and understanding of legislation relating to education and childcare.
• How to work in collaboration with others e.g. parents/carers and other professionals.
• The importance of observation and assessment.
• Knowledge of the importance of safeguarding children and promoting emotional wellbeing.
• Demonstrate how to assist the teacher in enhancing children’s learning.
• Demonstrate how to adapt teaching methods.
How long is the course?
2 years (full-time)
How will I learn?
T Levels will combine classroom theory, practical learning and a minimum 315 hours of industry placement with an employer to make sure students have real experience of the workplace.
The Technical Qualification (TQ) is the main classroom-based element of the T Level and will see students learning from a qualification that has been shaped by industry experts to reflect that of an apprenticeship. During the two-year programme, students will learn the core knowledge that underpins the Education sector.
In addition, you will also develop occupationally specific skills that will allow them to progress to higher education or enter skilled employment working with children and young adults in either a school or college setting.
The Occupational specialisms will be carried out in a school environment.
How will I be assessed?
Students will be required to take a paper based exam and undertake a placement based project. Students will also be observed in placement to ensure competency in a work environment. Students who pass all the elements of their T Level will get a nationally recognised certificate showing an overall grade of pass, merit or distinction.
It will also set out the details of what students have achieved on the course.
The T Level certificate will include:
• an overall pass grade for the T Level, shown as pass, merit or distinction
• a separate grade for the occupational specialism, shown as pass, merit or distinction
• a separate grade for the core component, using A* to E
• details of your industry placement
Are there any additional costs?
Stationery such as folders, pens etc. DBS £44.
When is the next start date?
We will be offering T Levels starting September 2021.
What are the entry requirements?
A minimum of five GCSEs at grade 4 and above, three of which need to be a grade 5 including maths and English. A grade 4 or above is needed in science to progress to degrees in primary teaching at university.
A clear enhanced DBS check is also necessary to enable you to work with children. Without a clear DBS you would be unable to complete the industry placement in an Education setting.
All 16-18 year olds applying for the course will be invited to attend an interview. You will meet tutors and have the opportunity to ask any questions you may have about the course.
Can I get more information?
For more information please contact us: T: 01229 825017 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
What opportunities will this lead to?
Leads to progression into employment in Education and to University to study Primary Teaching.
The T Level allows progression onto University to do a Primary Teaching Degree and careers in education. Primary Teaching would require you to have achieved a 4 or above in Maths, English and a Science related subject at GCSE.