What Modules will you Study?
Students will learn about the following topics:
● Problem solving
● Emerging issues and impact of digital
● Legislation and regulatory requirements
● Business context
● Digital environments
What qualification will I achieve?
What you will achieve;
• To be able to analyse a problem to define requirements and acceptance criteria aligned to user needs.
• Apply ethical principles and manage risks in line with legal and regulatory requirements when developing software.
• Discover, evaluate and apply reliable sources of knowledge.
• Design Software.
• Create solutions in a social and collaborative environment.
• Implement a solution using at least two appropriate languages.
• Testing a software solution
• Change, maintain and support software.
• Students will also need to achieve a minimum standard of English and Maths; either GCSE grade 4 or above, or Level 2 Functional Skills.
How long is the course?
2 years (full-time)
How will I learn?
T Levels will combine classroom theory, practical learning and a minimum 315 hours of industry placement with an employer to make sure students have real experience of the workplace.
The Technical Qualification (TQ) is the main classroom-based element of the T Level and will see students learning from a qualification that has been shaped by industry experts. During the two-year programme, students will learn the core knowledge that underpins the industry.
In addition, you will also develop occupationally specific skills that will allow them to enter skilled employment within a specific occupation.
How will I be assessed?
The Technical Qualification components are awarded at the grade ranges of Pass, Merit Distinction and Distinction*. The Core Component uses an aggregation of points from each of the Core Assessments to calculate the A* to E.
In order to be awarded the T Level, a student must complete both components and achieve a minimum of a grade E in the Core and a Pass in the Occupational Specialism.
Are there any additional costs?
Stationery such as folders, pens etc.
When is the next start date?
We will be offering T Levels starting September 2021.
What are the entry requirements?
A minimum of five GCSEs at grade 4 or above, including maths and English, or a Level 2 Diploma in a relevant subject or other equivalent qualifications.
You will be required to attend an interview.
Can I get more information?
For more information please contact us: T: 01229 825017 E: email@example.com