How long is the course?
College classes one morning every fortnight.
How will I learn?
• College classes one morning every fortnight.
• Self study and practical experience.
What subjects will I study?
• Child and young person development
• Safeguarding children and young people
• Communication and professional relationships
• Equality, diversity and inclusion
• Improve own and team practice
• Maintain and support relationships
• Support health and safety
• Support positive behaviour
• Support learning activities
How will I be assessed?
Direct observation, professional discussion and written tasks.
Are there any additional costs?
There is an additional cost of £44 for a DBS check.
What are the entry requirements?
You must have a placement within a school for a minimum of 6 hours per week.
You must have a clear DBS certificate.
Can I get more information?
For more information please contact us:
T: 01229 825017
What opportunities will this lead to?
• Teaching assistant, learning support assistant at level 2
• Level 3 Diploma