How long is the course?
The NVQ is work-based and is designed to reflect the skills and knowledge of people who work in business and administration in a wide range of industries and types of organisations. The qualification is taken over 12-18 months depending on each individual.
How will I learn?
This qualification is competence-based, linking a person’s ability to competently perform a range of tasks connected with their work. This means that a person’s skills, knowledge and competences are assessed in a practical way, combined with building a portfolio of practical work, which is monitored by your assessor from College.
What subjects will I study?
You must complete eight units to achieve this award. Two units are mandatory and five or more must be selected from a variety of optional units. A minimum of one unit must be selected from each Optional Group and a minimum of 10 credits must be achieved at Level 3.
The Mandatory units are:
• Demonstrate understanding of customer service
• Demonstrate understanding of the rules that impact on improvements in customer service
Below is a list of some of the optional units that you can choose from.
• Make customer service personal
• Deal with customers in writing or electronically
• Use customer service as a competitive tool
• Organise the promotion of additional services or products to customers
• Deliver reliable customer service
• Organise the delivery of reliable customer service
• Monitor and solve customer service problems
• Process customer service complaints
• Work with others to improve customer service
• Promote continuous improvement
• Lead a team to improve customer service
How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed on your ability to competently perform a range of tasks connected with your work. This will include your knowledge and understanding of the unit and evidence that you provide to identify your performance.
The assessor assigned to you will agree what you need to provide as suitable evidence in relation to your own work situation and job role.
Are there any additional costs?
What are the entry requirements?
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification, only that the candidates undertake customer service related activities.
Can I get more information?
For more information please contact us:
T: 01229 825017
What opportunities will this lead to?
ILM Level 3 Certificate in First Line Management