How long is the course?
The NVQ is work-based and is designed to reflect the skills and knowledge of people who work in business and administration in a wide range of industries and types of organisations. The qualification is taken over 12 months depending on each individual.
How will I learn?
This qualification is competence-based, linking a person’s ability to competently perform a range of tasks connected with their work. This means that a person’s skills, knowledge and competences are assessed in a practical way, combined with building a portfolio of practical work, which is monitored by your assessor from College.
What subjects will I study?
You must complete a minimum of six units to achieve this award. Two units are mandatory and a minimum of four units must be selected from the Optional Units. One unit to be chosen from each Optional Group. The Mandatory units are:
• Communicate using customer service language
• Follow the rules to deliver customer service
Below is a list of some of the optional units that you can from.
• Give customers a positive impression of yourself and your organisation
• Promote additional services or products to customers
• Process information about customers
• Deal with customers in writing or electronically
• Deal with customers face to face
• Make telephone calls to customers
• Deliver reliable customer service
• Recognise and deal with customer queries, requests and problems
• Resolve customer service problems
• Develop customer relationships
• Support customer service improvements
• Develop personal performance through delivering customer service
How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed on your ability to competently perform a range of tasks connected with your work. This will include your knowledge and understanding of the unit and evidence that you provide to identify your performance.
The assessor assigned to you will agree what you need to provide as suitable evidence in relation to your own work situation and job role.
Are there any additional costs?
What are the entry requirements?
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification, only that the candidates undertake customer service related activities.
Can I get more information?
For more information please contact us:
T: 01229 825017
What opportunities will this lead to?
Level 3 NVQ in Customer Service
ILM Level 3 Certificate in First Line Management