How long is the course?
You will be required to attend for an induction session and for support tutorials during your course and must complete a minimum of 65 guided learning hours. You will normally take between 6 months and 2 years to complete this certificate.
How will I learn?
The course will be delivered as a fully taught programme with units planned and scheduled to meet a range of circumstances.
What subjects will I study?
The programme content includes three mandatory units:
• “Developing yourself as a team leader”
• “Motivating the work team to perform”
• “Planning and monitoring work”
with a combined credit value of 4 and selected optional unit(s) with a minimum total credit value of 9.
How will I be assessed?
• The mandatory units are assessed through completion of a Mini-Project (externally assessed).
• The optional units are assessed using a variety of methods.
Are there any additional costs?
No additional costs
You can take advantage of the College's Learning Resource Centre to support and enhance your learning. Furness College is to provide you with a first-class service and ensure that all possible resources are made easily available.
What are the entry requirements?
There are no formal educational requirements, but participants will:
• normally be either practicing or aspiring team leaders with the opportunity to meet the assessment demands, and
• have a background that will enable them to benefit from the programme – which is likely to be Level 1 Key Skills Literacy and Numeracy or their equivalent.
Can I get more information?
For more information please contact us:
T: 01229 825017
What opportunities will this lead to?
Successful candidates can progress to:
• ILM Level 3 Award, Certificate or Diploma in First Line Management
• Level 3 NVQ in Management
Successful completion of the Certificate in Team Leading provides eligibility for Affiliate membership (AInstILM) of the Institute of Leadership & Management. Membership supports candidates by providing a range of information and opportunities for professional development.