How long is the course?
The course runs for one day.
How will I learn?
Through discussion and participation in class activities.
What subjects will I study?
The course covers the following to enable candidates to understand the law in relation to:
• The roles, responsibilities and functions of licensing authorities within the framework of the licensing objectives
• The application process for a personal licence
• The role and legal responsibilities of the personal licence holder, and the penalties relating to failure to comply with the law
• The premises licence
• The content and purpose of operating schedules
• The role and duties of the designated premises supervisor
• Unauthorised and temporary licensable activities
• Rights of entry to licensed premises
• Police powers with regard to suspension and closure of licensed premises
• The specific prohibitions for the sale of alcohol
• The strengths of alcoholic drinks, and the effects of alcohol on the body
• The protection of children from harm
How will I be assessed?
Candidates are assessed by a 40-minute multiple-choice exam consisting of 40 questions.
Are there any additional costs?
An additional cost is payable to your local council for the Personal License. You will also need to undergo a CRB check for which a fee may be payable.
What are the entry requirements?
There are no specific entry requirements.
Can I get more information?
For more information please contact us:
T: 01229 825017
What opportunities will this lead to?
Other courses that may be of interest include:
• BIIAB Award in Conflict Management
• BIIAB Level 1 Award in Responsible Alcohol Retailing
• BIIAB Level 2 National Certificate for Designated Premises Supervisors
• BIIAB Level 2 National Certificate for Door Supervisors
• Welcome Host Customer Service Training
• CIEH Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering
• CIEH Level 3 Award in Supervising Food Safety in Catering
• NVQ 2 Food & Drink Service
• NVQ 3 Hospitality Supervision
• NVQ2/3 Customer Service
• NVQ 2 Front Office
• Dealing with Difficult Situations