What qualification will I achieve?
Successful apprentices on completion, will achieve the Associate Project Manager Level 4 Standard.
Functional skills in Maths and English would be achieved if the apprentices does not already hold the required qualification at the time of starting the apprenticeship standard.
How long is the course?
This apprenticeship will typically take 24 months.
How will I learn?
The apprenticeship will largely take place at the site of the employer, using day to day working activities to underpin knowledge that is learnt. A portion of the apprenticeship will take place at Furness College through classroom/workshop based learning. This is likely to be as part of a day release from the employer although each sector has differing delivery structure and this will be discussed with the employer and apprentice.
What subjects will I study?
The apprenticeship will cover a wide range of knowledge, skills and behaviours all of which will assist the student in their day to day work duties. These will include:
- Project monitoring and reporting,
- Develop and agree project budgets
- Determine, control and manage changes
- Prepare and maintain schedules
- Develop a quality management plan
- Develop resource management plan.
- Manage stakeholders.
- Understanding stakeholders, their perspectives, and levels of influence upon project outcomes.
- The vision and values of the project and its links to objectives.
- Budgeting and cost control
- Project scheduling and estimating for project activities
- Collaboration and team work
- Effective and appropriate communication
- Drive for results
- Integrity, ethics, compliance and professionalism
How will I be assessed?
At the end of the apprenticeship students will be expected to take part in an end point assessment, this will assess how an apprentice can apply their skills, knowledge and behaviours acquired in their apprenticeship. Throughout the apprenticeship, students will build up a portfolio of work for discussion, which will compromise of evidence produced in the work place to show the apprentice has met the knowledge, skills and behaviours detailed in the standard.
*Before taking the EPA, the apprentice will need to have met the below requirements –
satisfactorily completed training covering the skills, knowledge and behaviours as described in the standard
*Achieved the Mandatory qualifications set out in the standard
*Achieved the required English & Maths qualifications specified in the standard
*Sufficient evidence in the form of a portfolio of evidence to allow the apprentice to consistently demonstrate knowledge, skills and behaviours as described in the standard.
The assessments carried out for this standard at the end of the apprenticeship are –
- Presentation supported by portfolio of evidence
- Professional discussion supported by portfolio of evidence
What are the entry requirements?
Individual employers will set their own entry requirements for their apprentices. Typically candidates will have achieved a grade C or above in at least 5 GCSEs including English and Mathematics, and hold a minimum of 48 UCAS points, or equivalent.
Apprentices without English or Maths at Level 2 must achieve this prior to taking the end point assessment.
Can I get more information?
For more information please contact us: T: 01229 825017 E: firstname.lastname@example.org www.furness.ac.uk
Full details and assessment plan
Typical job roles
This apprenticeship is aimed at people currently in the below role or seeking employment in the below roles:
- Assistant project manager
- Junior project manager
- Project team leader
What opportunities will this lead to?
Progression comes in a variety of ways after achieving the apprenticeship, which are:
•Progression onto HE Learning
• Progression onto Higher Apprenticeship levels
• The potential for advancement in their job role
• Upon commencement, apprentices may become student members of the Association for Project Management (APM) as the first step of professional membership. Apprentices will be eligible for progression to associate membership upon successful completion of the apprenticeship. Full membership can be attained through further experience and professional development.