What Modules will you Study?
The apprenticeship will cover a wide range of knowledge, skills and behaviours all of which will assist the student in their day to day work duties. These will include:
- Skills- Able to communicate organisation strategy and team purpose and adapt style to suit the audience. Support the development of the team and people through coaching, role modelling values and behaviours, and managing change effectively. Able to build a high performing team by supporting and developing individuals and motivating them to achieve. Building trust with and across the team using effective negotiation and influencing skills. Able to communicate effectively, chair meetings and present to team and management.
- Knowledge- Understand different leadership styles and the benefits of coaching to support people and improve performance. Understand people and team management models, including team dynamics and motivation techniques. Understand HR systems and legal requirements and performance management techniques. Understand approaches to customer and stakeholder relationship management. Understand different forms of communication and their application, know how to chair meetings, hold challenging conversation and provide constructive feedback.
- Behaviours – Takes responsibility, demonstrates resilience and accountability. Open and approachable and able to build trust with others. Professional and sets an example, is fair, consistent and impartial. Open and honest and operates within organisational values.
What qualification will I achieve?
- Successful apprentices on completion, will achieve the Team Leader / Supervisor Level 3 Standard.
- Functional skills in Maths and English would be achieved if the apprentices does not already hold the required qualification at the time of starting the apprenticeship standard.
How long is the course?
- This apprenticeship will typically take 12-18 months.
How will I learn?
An Apprenticeship standard is made up of practical work based training (with your employer), training to support the theory and knowledge of your vocational area and general skill qualifications in maths, English and IT. You will also learn about employee rights and responsibilities, personal, learning and thinking skills and depending on which area of training you undertake, some of this learning may take place in college.
What subjects will I study?
Apprentices will work towards the ILM Level 3 Diploma in Leadership and Management.
Units studied may include: understanding leadership, leading and motivating a team, delegating in the workplace, planning and allocating work and solving problems and decision making.
Any delegate that has not achieved Maths and English at GCSE grade C or above will be required to complete functional skills to this level.
How will I be assessed?
The three assessments carried out for this standard at the end of the apprenticeship are –
- Knowledge Test
- Structured Competency Based Interview
- Assessment of portfolio evidence
Are there any additional costs?
There are no specific extra costs, just stationery for study.
Typical job roles
This apprenticeship is aimed at people currently in the below role or seeking employment in the below roles:
- Team Leader
- Project Officer
- Shift Supervisor
- Shift Manager
What opportunities will this lead to?
What opportunities will this lead to?
Progression comes in a variety of ways after achieving the apprenticeship, which are:
•Progression onto HE Learning
• Progression onto Higher Apprenticeship levels
• The potential for advancement in their job role
•On completion, apprentices may choose to register as Associate members with the Chartered Management Institute and/or the Institute of Leadership & Management, to support their professional career development and progression