IOSH Managing Safely
If you are interested in signing up for this course please complete the enquiry form below and we'll get back to you when new dates are available
We work in partnership with SA Associates to deliver this course.
This 4-day programme is aimed at those with the responsibility for managing risk and resources within their organization. It is designed to emphasize the importance of health & safety and ensure that safety requirements are recognized by line managers. Delegates will also learn how to review the Health & Safety systems of their organization and to introduce changes where necessary.
On successful completion of the course, delegates will be able to;
• Recognise workplace hazards and know how to control them
• Determine why accidents occur in the workplace
• Explain the influence of human behavior on Health & Safety in the workplace
• Apply good management principles to Health & Safety in the workplace
• Ensure Health & Safety law is adhered to
What are the entry requirements?
It is recommended that candidates have a basic understanding of health & safety in the workplace or have completed basic training e.g. NEBOSH Award in Health & Safety at Work. Candidates should have good standards of written and oral communication in order to complete the assessment, along with the ability to analyse information, to seek advice and to work as part of a team.
What subjects will I study?
The course covers the following topics;
• Introducing Managing Safely ? the responsibilities of managers in relation to health & safety for their teams/employees
• Assessing Risks ? defining ?risk?, introducing risk assessments, carrying out assessments
• Controlling risks ? Methods and techniques for reducing risks
• Understanding your responsibilities ? the demands of the law, the legal system, introduction to a health & safety management system
• Identifying hazards ? covering the main issues such as entrances and exits, fire, chemicals, abuse, stress, electricity, working at heights
• Investigating accidents and incidents ? why investigate accidents, the causes of accidents, how to carry out investigations
• Measuring Performance ? How monitoring performance can improve health & safety, developing performance indicators, auditing, proactive and reactive measuring
• Protecting our Environment ? Reducing the environmental impacts of pollution and waste
How will I learn?
Learning is facilitated through presentations, discussion, practical tasks and a delegate workbook is provided.
How will I be assessed?
On successful completion of the course there is a 45 minute closed book assessment consisting of 22 questions. There is also a practical assessment which takes place in the work place; this consists of Inspection and Hazard Identification, Risk Assessment, Report Writing and an Active Monitoring exercise.
A pass mark of at least 50% is required for each assessment with an aggregate pass mark of 55% to enable an Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) certificate in Managing Safely to be issued.
What opportunities will this lead to?
Other courses which may be of interest include;
• CIEH Level 2 Award in Principles of Manual Handling
• CIEH Level 2 Award in Stress Awareness
• CIEH Certificate in Principles of COSHH
• NEBOSH National General Certificate
• NEBOSH National Certificate in Fire Safety and Risk Management
• NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction Health & Safety
How long is the course?
The course is delivered over 24 hours which is typically offered over 4 days.
Are there any additional costs?
There are no additional costs. The quoted fee includes all relevant registration, exam fees and course book(s).
Simply submit your enquiry to us & we will email or call you back