First Aid Course
If you are interested in signing up for this course please complete the enquiry form below and we'll get back to you when new dates are available
This course is approved by the HSE. It is ideal for individuals as well as organisations who require qualified first aiders in the work-place. It teaches candidates the core skills required to enable them to work efficiently and effectively as the companies designated First Aider.
What are the entry requirements?
There are no formal entry requirements to be able to undertake this qualification.
What subjects will I study?
On completion of training, successful candidates should be able to:
• understand the role of the first aider including reference to the use of available equipment and the need for recording incidents and actions;
• understand the importance of basic hygiene in first-aid procedures;
• assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency;
• administer first aid to a casualty who is unconscious and/or in seizure;
• administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation;
• administer first aid to a casualty who is wounded or bleeding and/or in shock;
• administer first aid to a casualty who is choking;
• provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries.
• Recognising the presence of major illness and applying general first aid principles in its management.
• In addition, candidates should be able to demonstrate the correct first-aid management of:
• soft tissue injuries;
• injuries to bones including suspected spinal injuries;
• chest injuries;
• burns and scalds;
• eye injuries including how to irrigate an eye;
• sudden poisoning and anaphylactic shock.
How will I learn?
Learning is facilitated through presentations, discussion, practical tasks and a delegate workbook is provided.
How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed on the skills you have learnt over the 3 days. The assessments involve role play and questioning to ensure you are competent at performing First Aid.
What opportunities will this lead to?
We also offer the Pediatric First Aid Course (0-7 years old). This course would be beneficial to those who work with children.
How long is the course?
The course is delivered over 3 days.
Are there any additional costs?
There are no additional costs. The quoted fee includes all relevant registration, exam fees and course book(s).
Simply submit your enquiry to us & we will email or call you back