BIIAB Level 2 Award for Personal Licence Holders (QCF)

If you are interested in signing up for this course please complete the enquiry form below and we'll get back to you when new dates are available


Licensing law in England and Wales states that anyone who authorises the sale of alcohol to the public must hold a personal licence. Those who wish to obtain a personal licence need to apply to their local authority.

Applicants will be asked for a number of things to support their application; these will include proof that they hold a licensing qualification such as the BIIAB Level 2 Award for Personal Licence Holders (NCPLH).

Please note that candidates must undergo a CRB check as part of the licensing application process.

What are the entry requirements?

There are no specific entry requirements.

What subjects will I study?

The course covers the following to enable candidates to understand the law in relation to:

? The roles, responsibilities and functions of licensing authorities within the framework of the licensing objectives
? The application process for a personal licence
? The role and legal responsibilities of the personal licence holder, and the penalties relating to failure to comply with the law
? The premises licence
? The content and purpose of operating schedules
? The role and duties of the designated premises supervisor
? Unauthorised and temporary licensable activities
? Rights of entry to licensed premises
? Police powers with regard to suspension and closure of licensed premises
? The specific prohibitions for the sale of alcohol
? The strengths of alcoholic drinks, and the effects of alcohol on the body
? The protection of children from harm

How will I learn?

Through discussion and participation in class activities.

How will I be assessed?

Candidates are assessed by a 40-minute multiple-choice exam consisting of 40 questions.

What opportunities will this lead to?

Other courses that may be of interest include:

• BIIAB Award in Conflict Management
• BIIAB Level 1 Award in Responsible Alcohol Retailing
• BIIAB Level 2 National Certificate for Designated Premises Supervisors
• BIIAB Level 2 National Certificate for Door Supervisors
• Welcome Host Customer Service Training
• CIEH Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering
• CIEH Level 3 Award in Supervising Food Safety in Catering
• NVQ 2 Food & Drink Service
• NVQ 3 Hospitality Supervision
• NVQ2/3 Customer Service
• NVQ 2 Front Office
• Dealing with Difficult Situations

How long is the course?

The course runs for one day.

Are there any additional costs?

An additional cost is payable to your local council for the Personal License. You will also need to undergo a CRB check for which a fee may be payable.

Simply submit your enquiry to us & we will email or call you back

Search our course index below