ILM Level 2 Team Leading
If you are interested in signing up for this course please complete the enquiry form below and we'll get back to you when new dates are available
This qualification is designed for new and aspiring team leaders ? get an in-depth introduction to the role and its responsibilities. This is a nationally recognised qualification ? the ideal launch pad for your management career.
Three mandatory units cover the core skills you need to lead a team. You?ll learn how to plan, allocate and monitor work; tools and techniques to develop yourself as a leader; and how to get the most from your team. Then work with your employer and training provider to find the best fit from a wide range of optional units. These cover everything from communication skills to business improvement techniques. The choice includes units from Level 3 qualifications, to help you progress in your career and in formal professional training.
What are the entry requirements?
There are no formal educational requirements, but participants will:
• normally be either practicing or aspiring team leaders with the opportunity to meet the assessment demands, and
• have a background that will enable them to benefit from the programme ? which is likely to be Level 1 Key Skills Literacy and Numeracy or their equivalent.
What subjects will I study?
The programme content includes three mandatory units:
• ?Developing yourself as a team leader?
• ?Motivating the work team to perform?
• ?Planning and monitoring work?
with a combined credit value of 4 and selected optional unit(s) with a minimum total credit value of 9.
How will I learn?
The course will be delivered as a fully taught programme with units planned and scheduled to meet a range of circumstances.
How will I be assessed?
• The mandatory units are assessed through completion of a Mini-Project (externally assessed).
• The optional units are assessed using a variety of methods.
What opportunities will this lead to?
Successful candidates can progress to:
• ILM Level 3 Award, Certificate or Diploma in First Line Management
• Level 3 NVQ in Management
Successful completion of the Certificate in Team Leading provides eligibility for Affiliate membership (AInstILM) of the Institute of Leadership & Management. Membership supports candidates by providing a range of information and opportunities for professional development.
How long is the course?
You will be required to attend for an induction session and for support tutorials during your course and must complete a minimum of 65 guided learning hours. You will normally take between 6 months and 2 years to complete this certificate.
Are there any additional costs?
No additional costs
You can take advantage of the College's Learning Resource Centre to support and enhance your learning. Furness College is to provide you with a first-class service and ensure that all possible resources are made easily available.
Simply submit your enquiry to us & we will email or call you back