Housekeeping Level 2 NVQ/Diploma
This City & Guilds qualification is proof that you have the right skills to do your job well. You can be confident your qualification is well respected and valued within the Hospitality industry.
This NVQ is a work-based qualification that is suitable for anyone who undertakes housekeeping activities in their employment.
You'll learn essential skills in areas like team work, providing a positive impression, maintaining supplies, customer service, handover and using chemicals.
What subjects will I study?
Four Mandatory Units as follows (9 credits)
• Maintain a safe, hygienic and secure working environment
• Work effectively as part of a hospitality team
• Clean and service a range of areas
In addition, students must complete optional units from the list below (28 credits)
• Collect linen and make beds
• Clean windows from the inside
• Use of different chemicals and equipment in Housekeeping
• Maintain housekeeping supplies
• Clean and protect hard floors
• Clean maintain soft floors and furnishings
• Provide a linen service
• Carry out period room servicing and deep cleaning
• Give customers a positive impression of yourself and your organisation
• Deal with customers across a language divide
• Maintain customer service through effective handover
• Employment rights and responsibilities in the hospitality, leisure, travel and tourism sector
How will I be assessed?
The NVQ is assessed on practical aptitude and a portfolio of work.
How long is the course?
The NVQ is work-based and is designed to reflect the skills and knowledge of people who work in the hospitality industry. The qualification is taken over 6-9 months depending on each individual.
Can I get more information?
For more information please contact us:
T: 01229 825017
Simply submit your enquiry to us & we will email or call you back