C&G Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Professional Cookery (QCF)
This City & Guilds qualification is proof that you have the right skills to do your job well. You can be confident your qualification is well respected and valued within the Hospitality industry.
This NVQ/Diploma is work based and is designed to reflect the skills and knowledge of people who work in the hospitality industry.
You'll learn essential skills in areas like team leading, maintaining health and hygiene standards, food safety, producing healthier dishes, supervising a variety of processes and contributing to the development of the range of services, menus, recipes and products offered.
What subjects will I study?
Three Mandatory Units as follows: (13 credits)
• Maintain health, hygiene and security of the working environment
• Develop productive working relationships with colleagues
• Maintain food safety when storing, preparing and cooking food
Optional units (45 credits)
• Prepare complex fish and/or meat and/or poultry and/or vegetable and/or offal and/or shellfish for basic dishes
• Cook and finish complex fish and/or shellfish and/or meat and/or poultry and/or game and/or offal and/or vegetable dishes
• Cook and finish complex bread and dough products
• Produce healthier dishes
• Prepare, cook and finish complex hot sauces and/or soups
• Contribute to the control of resources
• Prepare finish and present canapés and cocktail products
• Contribute to the development of recipes and menus
The above list is not exhaustive and many other units are available.
How will I be assessed?
The NVQ is assessed on practical aptitude and a portfolio of work.
How long is the course?
The NVQ is work-based and is designed to reflect the skills and knowledge of people who work in the hospitality industry. The qualification is taken over 9-12 months depending on each individual.
Can I get more information?
For more information please contact us:
T: 01229 825017
Simply submit your enquiry to us & we will email or call you back