C&G Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Food Production and Cooking (QCF)
This City & Guilds qualification is proof that you have the right skills to do your job well. You can be confident your qualification is well respected and valued within the Hospitality industry.
The NVQ2 Diploma in Food Production and Cooking is aimed at anyone who works in a food production/cooking setting.
You'll learn essential skills in areas like team work, food safety, food storage and hygiene standards.
What subjects will I study?
3 mandatory units as follows: (10 credits)
• Maintain a safe, secure and hygienic working environment.
• Work effectively as part of a hospitality team
• Maintain food safety when storing, preparing and cooking foods.
In addition students must complete 8 optional units from the following list:
Section A ( 16 credits)
• Produce basic fish dishes.
• Produce basic meat dishes.
• Produce poultry dishes.
• Produce basic vegetable dishes.
• Cook-chill food.
• Cook-freeze food
• Produce basic hot sauces.
• Produce basic rice, pulse and grain dishes.
• Produce basic pasta dishes.
• Produce basic bread and dough products.
• Produce basic pastry products.
• Produce basic cakes, sponges and scones.
• Produce basic hot and cold desserts.
• Produce cold starters and salads
Section B (14 credits)
• Prepare hot and cold sandwiches
• Produce basic egg dishes
• Produce healthier dishes
• Maintain efficient use of food resources
• Maintain efficient use of kitchen resources
• Prepare, operate and clean specialist food preparation and cooking equipment
• Liaise with the care team to ensure that individuals? nutritional needs are met.
• Prepare meals for distribution
• Modify the contents of dishes
• Prepare and cook food to meet the requirements of allergy sufferers
• Prepare meals to meet relevant nutritional standards set for school meals
• Promote new menu items
• Present menu items according to defined brand standard
• Give customers a positive impression of yourself and your organisation
• Maintain and deal with payments
• Provide a counter/takeaway service
• Convert a room for dining
• Complete kitchen documentation
• Set up and close a kitchen
• Employment rights and responsibilities in the hospitality leisure, travel and tourism sector
• Produce flour, dough and tray bake products
• Supervise the work of staff.
• Maintain and deal with payments.
• Maintain a vending machine
• Provide a counter/takeaway service.
• Prepare hot and cold sandwiches.
• Package food delivery.
• Give customers a positive impression of yourself and your organisation.
• Order stock.
• Convert a room for dining.
• Complete kitchen documentation.
• Set up and close a kitchen.
• Process, cook, finish and present flour dough and tray-bake products.
How will I be assessed?
In the workplace by your tutor, on practical aptitude and a portfolio of work and evidence.
How long is the course?
The NVQ is work-based and is designed to reflect the skills and knowledge of people who work in the hospitality industry. The qualification is taken over 6-9 months depending on the individual.
Can I get more information?
For more information please contact us:
T: 01229 825017
Simply submit your enquiry to us & we will email or call you back