Apprentice Nursery Practitioner
Chapel Street Infants and Nursery School require an apprentice to work within nursery. The applicant will be expected to support learning activities and care routines as part of our team.
Hours of work: 30 hours per week
Location: Chapel Street Infant School Dalton-in-Furness
Closing date: 02 Feb 2018
Roles and responsibilities will include
- Supporting children in their play.
- Helping to set up the learning environment.
- Tidying resources at the end of that day.
- Supporting pupils' outdoor play.
- Reinforcing hygiene routines.
- Preparation of fruit for snack time.
- Participating in planning for children.
- Helping to ensure children are meeting their developmental milestones.
- Effective communication and organisational skills are essential.
- Applicants must be able to work as part of a team and show initiative when working independently.
- Experience of working with young children is desirable but not essential.
- Have a good work ethic.
- GCSE English language and maths grade A*-C (or equivalent) desirable.
Things to consider